I’m always on the hunt for an easy recipe that doesn’t require much prep time. With only 3 ingredients and 3 spices, these pork chops will soon become a staple in your house like they are in mine. I was inspired by THIS recipe from SCD Lifestyle.
This is the first recipe of my own I’ve posted here and I have to say, I am more than a little nervous about stepping into this realm. Eek! I don’t consider myself a cook much less a photographer (Next time, I’ll be sure to take more pictures). However, I make food every day, multiple times a day and why not share my SCD modifications right here on the blog with you, right? Thanks for reading.
My amazing mother is the one who helped modify this recipe. She is always making sure I have meals I can eat when I’m at her house. Thanks mom!
Tip: Pull the bag of frozen mango and leave in the sink to thaw before you leave for the day. If you forget: thaw in the microwave while you’re cutting the apples.
Here is a pic when it’s all cooked. Unfortunately, the lighting changed so the picture didn’t turn out the best.
All that cinnamon goodness and warm fruit. Delish!
So easy, so simple AND SCD friendly. Doesn’t get better than that, does it?
This is a great recipe to share with family if they want to make you an SCD friendly meal. It’s simple and kid friendly – and they won’t have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. It’s a win-win!
- 4 1.5-2 inch Pastured Pork Chops
- 3 Apples, peeled
- 1 lb. of frozen mango, thawed
- Salt & Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees
- Peel and slice apples
- Salt & Pepper both sides of Pork Chops
- Place Pork Chops in 9 x 13 glass baking pan
- Place sliced apples around pork chops
- Cover the pork chops with thawed Mango
- Generously sprinkle cinnamon all over the dish
- Cover with foil and Bake 40 min.
- Remove foil and Bake for another 10-20 min. to let juice cook down
- Serve and Enjoy!